Jenny Perez is a classically trained pianist and vocalist. She’s recently begun her journey as a singer-songwriter, bringing her classic flavours to her modern songwriting. For this show, Jenny was accompanied by Sherry Jacoby on guitar and backup vocals.
We talked about:
- the difference between classical and modern pop singing
- the learning your technique debate: how much technique is too much?
- going from the major to the minor on the same letter (eg. G-major to G-minor) in your chord progression
- gettin’ all free and easy with your tempo
- how much perfect rhyming can you stand before its gets too cheesy? Check out rhymezone.com
- the guys argued over the pros and cons of having deliberately provocative lyrics
Listen to the show
Download the lyrics for Mr. Tinder